Date(s) - 22/05/2020
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
As it seems unlikely that we are going to be able to meet up in the near future, the committee thought it would be good to arrange a ‘virtual drink’ together via Zoom so that we can catch up with everyone – and think about what we can do post Covid-19.
If you are not familiar with Zoom, it is very user-friendly and easily accessible if you have a smart phone, laptop or desktop. Even better if it has a webcam as then we can see you! Once you have installed Zoom (see below), ten just click on this link and wait to be admitted.
Meeting ID: 868 8243 2626
IF YOU DON’T YET HAVE ZOOM
How to set up Zoom and join the meeting
Please follow the steps below to set up your Zoom video call:
• Go to https://zoom.us
• Click on “Join A Meeting” at the top of the page
• Enter our Meeting ID: 868 8243 2626 and click “Join”
• If you haven’t downloaded the Zoom app to your computer before, it will automatically start downloading. Once it has finished downloading:
o Click on the download (this will be a .exe on a PC)
o Click “Yes” when it asks if you want this app to make changes to your device
o The Zoom app will open automatically (be patient, it might take a few minutes)
• If it is your first time going into Zoom, it will ask you for your name – this is the name that will appear at the bottom of your screen for everyone to see.
• Click “Join Meeting”
• A box will pop up showing you what your video looks like. Click “Join with Video” so we can see your beautiful face!
• Click “Join with Computer Audio” so we can also hear you
If you want to leave the call, click on “Leave Meeting” in the lower right corner. If you leave by accident, you can just log back in again using the same Meeting ID.
How to mute and unmute audio and video
In the lower left of your screen there are two symbols for your audio and video:
Clicking on either symbol will mute them.
Audio – you will still be able to hear everyone but no-one else will be able to hear you.
Video – you will still be able to see who is speaking but you will appear just as a black screen with your name in the centre.